Question about my big Apple Snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have big Apple snail, he used to be in my 10G tank with a betta and some plastic plants, , but recently I moved him to the 100G tank. Now in the 100 G tank I do have some real plants, like jungle vals and java moss.
Well the snail started to eat the plants as soon as he arrived to the tank, on top of that, he generates a lot of brown material, looks like he loves to be sucking on the driftwood, and as a result, he produces a ton of brown material, which looks like grind driftwood.

Is this normal? Looks like he is eating algae from the glass also???, I don't know if I need to return it to the 10 G tank with no plants.
Thanks for your comments.

I have big Apple snail, he used to be in my 10G tank with a betta and some plastic plants, , but recently I moved him to the 100G tank. Now in the 100 G tank I do have some real plants, like jungle vals and java moss.
Well the snail started to eat the plants as soon as he arrived to the tank, on top of that, he generates a lot of brown material, looks like he loves to be sucking on the driftwood, and as a result, he produces a ton of brown material, which looks like grind driftwood.

Is this normal? Looks like he is eating algae from the glass also???, I don't know if I need to return it to the 10 G tank with no plants.
Thanks for your comments.

Hmm - I wonder if this is my prob with my jungle val. I've been desperately trying to save like $30 worth of it that I way overpaid for and it just looks torn up. Maybe my apple snails are doing it.

They do poop a ton. You're saying it's waste actually looks different in comparison to the 10 gal?

siva said:
Hmm - I wonder if this is my prob with my jungle val. I've been desperately trying to save like $30 worth of it that I way overpaid for and it just looks torn up. Maybe my apple snails are doing it.

They do poop a ton. You're saying it's waste actually looks different in comparison to the 10 gal?

Yes it does to me, but maybe a did not noticed before because the gravel in the small tank is darker, and the big tank has pool filter sand.

That may be. I don't see mine's waste so much in their permanent tanks, but when they were in a bare bottom QT..omg..it was so gross. I couldn't believe how much they poop :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom