Question about Panda Cories - aka am I overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw these cute Panda cories at Wal-mart :twisted: -- my question is if I add like 1-2 of them will they school with my julii cory cats?

Also will my tank handle the additional bio-load or is it crowded right now?
(tank specs in signature)

Thanks in advance :)

i have 2 different kinds of cory and they do school together but ultimately split up into their corresponding groups...

you have some live plants going in your tank so that also helps with the bio load, as long as your carefull not to overfeed and make sure the water quality is good with frequent pwc, there shouldnt be a problem..

before you buy them from walmart make sure they dont look sick.. there's nothing worst than bringing a sick fish home who quickly dies, then might take one or two of his buddies out with the same thing..

I would try somewhere besides WalMart for your fish. I have never seen a WalMart with a decent fish section. IT would be worth an extra buck or two to go to a respectable LFS. WalMart is a good place to pick up cheap supplies though.

I just added panda cories to my tank...

these guys are just little bundles of energy- always moving and bouncing over each other :lol:

I am very happy w/ them. I have read that cories school to species, if thats true they won't be joining your julii's... I don't have that on personal experience tho... :wink:

pandas and juliis

I have four pandas and 3 juliis in my 55 gallon tank (pandas are my favorite cory by far, so much energy). They school together, more than my group of 7 neon tetras do. But they often will split up into panda groups and julii groups, and often will go off on their own individual adventures, but they seem to enjoy each other's company.

I would also avoid walmart when buying fish. Even from a reputible lfs that you've had good experiences with, it's a good idea to quarintene, I've found that out the difficult way.

if it's been a few weeks since you've added your last fish, it should be fine. if you have a petsmart or petco nearby, i think they added panda cories to their stock lists. at petsmart their around 3.29 and petco is 5.99. (for petco, they have different distributors, so.. they may not have it)

thanks everyone !!

I guess my post was little misinterpretated. I just saw the panda cories at Walmart -- I am NOT going to buy them from Wlmart though :):) I am smarter than that :):) Walmart sucks as far as fish maintanence is concerned. I try to express my concern everytime I go there :)

Anyway from the replies is it safe to say I am not overcrowding by adding 2 pandas ?

Back
Top Bottom