Question about Petsmart and Sweetaquatics.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I have two questions

1. I went to Petsmart today to pick up a hood and light for my tank, and they asked me if I wanted to sign up for PetPerks, and I just took the sign up brochure/card thing and ran home because I was in a hurry. Does anyone know if this card has any ties with my credit? Is Petsmart as sneaky as Macy's in asking people to sign up for their cards?

2. Has anyone ordered from Aquarium Plants Pond Plants From Sweet Aquatics I put in an order a week ago, and it still hasn't been shipped. I contacted them via email and have gotten no response.

Thanks

Hunter

Lmao. No PetPerks is like a Kroger card type of thing. You can get money off of things and what not, like 2.50 w/card 3.50 w.o know what I mean? Lol

The Petperks card is just a savings card...kind of like some pharmacies have. It isn't a credit card. I have one and it doesn't show up on my credit. Petco has one as well.

I haven't ordered from sweetaquatics.com but I know Aquarium1 has or is planning to. I read on their website that it could take 10 days for your order to be shipped or delivered (one of those). Maybe they have a lot of orders this week.

pet smart is having a killer fish sale right now. all the big fish are 1/2 off. and by big fish I mean the ones that grow to goliath proportions.

Ok, I will fill out that Petsmart card then. And my order from sweetaquatics.com just shipped. Took them 6 days. Maybe if I put in my order for plants now I'll get it in 1.5 weeks when my cycle's done.

Hahaha I never heard of that place either. If you don't mind me asking, which part of Jersey are you from?

pet smart is having a killer fish sale right now. all the big fish are 1/2 off. and by big fish I mean the ones that grow to goliath proportions.

Oh great... they're encouraging the impulse sale buy on future behemoths. Nice. Lots of possible future chemical and equipment sales from the .01% of people that will care properly for the fish I guess.

Sorry for the rant. Grrr....

I ordered from Sweetaquatics on July the 4th, my order shipped yesterday and got here today. It takes them a while to process and I think they usually ship on mondays but I'm not 100% sure on that. It says on the site that it could take up to 10 days to process due to the quantity of orders.

There's really nothing "fishy" about PetPerks. :)

Btw. Nice site! I never heard of sweetaquatics but they definitely look like they're worth a shot.

Their cories are also 50% off, and I took advantage of that. On top of that, the 5$off 5$ coupon stacks, and you can really take advantage of them if you drive by/near a petsmart on the way home. In two trips you can get 10 cories for 10$ (5 cories at a time, 50% off, so 2$ per cory, =>>1$ cories), or a free cardinal tetra if you buy like an oto along with it.

I pass two petsmarts on the way home (I loop around, so one isn't necessarily on the way home) so I get a great deal on my cardinals, and they've been pretty healthy lately, along witht the otos.

All this with the petperks (raises fist with decoder ring)

The plants I got all seemed to be in good health. I even got a few extra plants (I ordered 1 C. Wendtii green, I got 3, 1 c. Wendtii red, I got 2). However I didn't receive the java fern I ordered. I sent them a message through their website and that evening they said that they had dropped it and didn't know what order it was from and said they refunded it to our credit card (paid through paypal, although without account) and they were very nice about it.

My DW and snails are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I can't wait! I'm putting my plant order in as soon as my new checking account is hooked up to my Paypal.

My DW and snails are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I can't wait! I'm putting my plant order in as soon as my new checking account is hooked up to my Paypal.

That is one step among many down a winding road my friend 0X

That is one step among many down a winding road my friend 0X

I meant to say "my driftwoods and snails are coming in tomorrow, but it's whatever. And I guess I might put in an order for a little patch of grass, maybe not, who knows..." :D:D:D NAHT

I'm so excited!

+1 for the petperks card not being tied to your credit. It's a marketing tool basically. It's a cheap way for them to track purchases and map trends.

Back
Top Bottom