Question about receiving plants in the mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thever

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm ordering some riccia from a forum member and he will be shipping it out on mon. are there any special procedures that I should do when I get it? My tank is 'virgin' as it is awaiting its first greenry. The tank has been cycled and ready to go. I dont have any direct CO2 but would the liquid stuff be ok? I plan on gettting some shrimps later on. As you can tell :n00b:

Some people have reported issues with using Flourish Excel in the same aquarium as Riccia, especially if overdosed.

personally i think its a good idea to qt any thing going into your tanks be it fish or plants. more so if your worried about pets that might be hitch hiking.

I do get your point about the qt, but as it is the first living thing to enter the tank, just let it go and see what happens?

100% up to you. for my self i dont worry about pest snails and stuff like that. other people if they see a snail they freak. just tossing it in the tank wont hurt it.

if you are worried about pest snails, I'll tell you exactly what is in my tank. I've got MTS and some tiny ramshorn snails.

I'm unfamiliar with snails, are there issues with them, especially the ones in your tank. I'm planning at the moment to have some riccia and eventually some helferi in there too. As my first foray into the planted world..the KISS policy is best.

i like them some people hate them..... if you over feed they will over run the tank. most snails will just eat extra food or dead plant mater.

Back
Top Bottom