Question about RO/DI unit on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skennelly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone purchased the DI/RO unit advertised on Ebay for $69.00. It is a 6 stage 100 gpd unit. And the name on it is dvoneb aqua.

Thanks

Attachments

• ro.jpg
    ro.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 179
That and Filtersdirect (also sells RO/DI on eBay) are both good units that a lot of reefers use.

It looks just like mine. I love it, except for when I forget to turn it off. Then I spend the next hour mopping up the kitchen floor. Someday I'll invest in the float valve. :oops:

Float valve...VERY worth the $15 for it! I hook my filterdirect RO/DI Unit to a 30 gallon commercial trash can with float valve. Now I ALWAYS have RO/DI when I use it....and share with friends!

WC

Whitecloud I'm curious... Do you ever get algae storing that much water at a time? Do you use anything to keep the water moving inside the container? I thought about doing the same thing, but I'm not sure just how long the water can be stored for.

I keep 30G stored in 5g jugs with lids usually for 2w at a time. I use that when I do my next water change and then fill them back up.

I have never seen anything growing in the trash can. I keep it tightly covered, and is in an unheated part of the basement. So it gets no light, low temp, and no nutrients in the water for anything to grow.

I go through it quite fast. There is probably only 20-25 gallons in the can as I did not fill it all the way up. I use 7 a week for the SW, and I use another 7 for my 50:50 mix in my FW Tank...and a friend comes and gets 7 gallons every other week. So I think the water turn over is quite good.

I think a powerhead will help...and I may find I need one in the summer when things are a little warmer. So far...every time I have tested the water...it was always read 0ppm. There is no smell at all to it.

So...so far...I had no trouble keeping that much water around. I use a JBJ Powerhead with a 1/2 clear plastic tubing to pump the water out of the trash can into my carrying jugs.

Hope this helps

WC

Back
Top Bottom