Question about stocking level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smo1111

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I'm fairly new to fish keeping, and at first took the advice from my local pet store (I know better now) and overstocked my not yet cycled tank. I lost most of my fish and snails in the process. Now that my tank is fully cycled, I plan on doing my research before adding anything else.
Tank stats: 10 gal, 3 live plants, 2 filters (one whisper 2-10i and one tetra 1-5 I think?) an air stone, bubble wall, cuttle bone. Use Prime water conditioner. Temp: 74°, Ammonia .25 (doing daily 10% pwc to get this down,) nitrite 0, nitrates 40 ppm, pH 7.4. (Tested using api master test kit)
In my tank: 1 male fancy guppy, 1 male cobra endlers guppy, 1 golden mystery snail, 2 nerite snails.
I would like to add 1 or 2 more fish, preferably another guppy and/or endlers. But I do not want to overstock my tank.
Can I safely add any more fish or should I stay where I'm at?
Thank you in advance!

Thank you!
I just want to make sure, I am tired of losing fish due to my own inexperience.

Understood. This forum has very good resources on how to keep your critters alive.

By the way, I'm madly in love with snails. You may find that you like them more than the fish!

I fell in love with snails as well! So much personality.

Back
Top Bottom