question about the "boxy look/shape" of a prego platy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shammond15731

Aquarium Advice Activist
I guess I am a bit confused about when my platy is supposed to look boxy right before birth. Is the \_/ shape as I look at her from the front or as I look at her from the side?? I thought it was from the front but when I googled it because mine has never looked that way all the pics I see are from a side shot. Can someone give me a clue please cause I can never tell when they are close and have only been able to save 2 fry total and have 7 females and 2 of my females have a permanent gravid spot that never goes away or gets smaller so I can't really tell by that and they don't get really huge/fat either. Help!?!?

Not sure if this was overlooked or if nobody wants to answer?? I just want to know what exactly I am looking for.

its most noticable from the side, it looks like if you have a round ball of silly putty, and you squish the bottom onto the table gently, then take it off and look sideways at it.....

HOWEVER, I have had mollies give birth, without going flat on the bottom.... and other that are very squared off first. but I have never had a squared off fish go more than 3 days before giving birth, except my last one, that just happend which im going to post about right now...

Yeah that makes way more sense, I for some reason was thinking it was from the front, which would explain why I never thought mine looked squared off lol.

Back
Top Bottom