Question about Using Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BarleyBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Fluval Edge 12 gallon came with a 42 LED system that includes a moonlight setting. It's quite pretty! But I have a question about using moonlights.

I have my lights set on a timer for 14-hours per day for my plants. I know that both the critters and the plants need periods of darkness every night. Would using moonlights at night interfere with the dark periods? Would using moonlights at night be too much after using the bright lights all day?

I would like to use the moonlights at night--the Fluval is in my bedroom and the lights look nice. I just don't want to do anything that's going to harm my critters or plants.

Can you put the moonlights on a timer, too? I would only have them on for an hr or two at night so your fish can get a natural period of darkness each day.

Can you put the moonlights on a timer, too? I would only have them on for an hr or two at night so your fish can get a natural period of darkness each day.

That would be ideal, but the blue lights and white lights are part of the same system. You flip a switch left for white and right for blue, so a different timer wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom