Question on Condy Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frankieg2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, One of my sons friend gave him a Anemone to put in my tank for my Ocellaris Clowns, He said it was a Condylactis Anemone, My questions are will it host the Clowns and what and how do you feed it and is it safe with other fish and I also have Mushrooms?

Probably not. But if you can get a sebae or bubble anemone then theres a chance mines hosted it overnight

There's no guarantee your clowns will host anything or they may host everything,clowns are like that.be wary of the condy's as there have been a few post here stating they ate the clowns.

There's no guarantee your clowns will host anything or they may host everything,clowns are like that.be wary of the condy's as there have been a few post here stating they ate the clowns.
+1. I have heard of people's clownfish hosting corals, powerheads, their reflection in the tank, and even another fish. But the same clowns refuse to host an anemone. My clowns are not hosting anything, and they are in a full blown reef tank (no anemone, but lots of soft corals). It also depends on if the clownfish was tank raised or wild caught. Wild caught ones are more likely to host.

I had a condy anemone (In my pic) My clarkii clown hosted it...... but the anemone moved and killed some corals!! I hear they have quite a nasty sting too! No more nems for me!

Thanks for all the good info as always. What about how and what to feed the nem? I will be giving him to someone else, but until then I want him to be happy so he won't eat my fish.

Condys are not a natural host of clowns so even if you had a clown that would host a condy is less likely to be its choice

i fed mine very few days tiny little pieces of cutup silversides. Don't over feed it too big of a piece as it can't digest it. :)

Back
Top Bottom