Question on snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blaster

Aquarium Advice Regular
Heh all,

This might be a stupid question but what the hell. I have seen twice when a Turbo Mexican snail is turned on his back. He is nowhere near the glass or LR in that matter. So I paniced a little and helped him a bit a turned him over. I thought he might be stuck like that and die.

Should I leave then like that?

No question is stupid :D Yes, it is good to flip them over. I get really annoyed at mine, they are always falling off the glass/rocks and cannot flip themself back over so I'm constantly flipping them back.

after flipping over about 10 snails a day i let my hermits have a feast. Hey survival of the fittest,

Mr. Marine

FWIW, to the best of my knowledge, the so-named "Mexican Turbos" come from much cooler waters (Sea of Cortez, Mexico) than we run in our tanks - and don't survive long in today's captive reefs, as the temps in their natural environment are normally around 72F - 76F.

I agree with mrmarine. That is why one of my Hermit carbs took one of my snails shell. The little guy got a big home for know.

Back
Top Bottom