Question regarding Staurogyne repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexicatz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can i grow this plant in a 20g high, one 6500k bulb, gravel, and no co2, If its possible would i have to use root tabs

what type of bulb is it a t8 or a t5 or something else
what ever type the light is I doubt that you will be able to grow this plant as it is a stem plant that grows sideways when under high light, with this plant I think it needs super high light and a very high amount of injected co2 not just excel

its a t8. Do you have any recommendations that would look good in the foreground
TPtb206

Star repens grows great under medium light and excel. It's also a root feeder so root tabs are helpful. If this is a single t8 bulb then I doubt that you will be able to support star repens though.

I have these is a 20g tall tank with 2x18w t8 and they dont grow much. I got them from petsmart and they have grow vertically to about 3" and havent spread. Its been about 2 months. I dont use ANY ferts.

I have these is a 20g tall tank with 2x18w t8 and they dont grow much. I got them from petsmart and they have grow vertically to about 3" and havent spread. Its been about 2 months. I dont use ANY ferts.

You have to keep the tops trimmed to promote sideways growth. Cut the top part of the plant, strip all but the top few leaves, and plant the new stem. I have to do that even on my high light tank to promote expansion.

Back
Top Bottom