QUESTION: What is the best tank size for a small tank set-up ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SusanZ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Before relocating to another state, I had a 180g salt-water fish tank, and I loved it. I sold the tank because I was afraid the tank would get damaged during the move, and I also knew I wouldn't have the space for a tank that size in my new home. Anyway, I am planning to set up another large tank in the near future (maybe a 120 or a 75), but in the mean time, I want to set up a "small" tank for my daughter's room - something under 50 gallons.

I have seem some of the cubes (oceanic & nano) and various other small tanks that are currently on the market, but I don't know very much about them. How small is too small ??? Like I've seen some stores here with salt water fish in tanks as small as 10 gallons ???

My question is: what is the best size tank for a small salt water set-up and which brands are the better brands for small tanks - that don't have a reputation for catching leaks and cracking for no good reason. Of course I want an all glass tank, and I want something that will be the most effecient size for a small reef system.

Thanks ahead of time for your suggestions ! :)

Back
Top Bottom