question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought some mts and didn't think about this going to put them in my 20,10,5 the 20 is planted how can I make sure my plants stay in the substrate?

Bought some mts and didn't think about this going to put them in my 20,10,5 the 20 is planted how can I make sure my plants stay in the substrate?

They wont push the plants anywhere. Your safe.

Ok thanks godfan I can always count on you :)

Haha I may spend to much time on here lol mts are great and mine never did anything to plants. Plus once you get a healthy population they can be great food for some other creatures. They are loved by assassin snails (assassins will breed with mts as food) and cpo crayfish love the little "plugs" assassins leave behind!

Haha I may spend to much time on here lol mts are great and mine never did anything to plants. Plus once you get a healthy population they can be great food for some other creatures. They are loved by assassin snails (assassins will breed with mts as food) and cpo crayfish love the little "plugs" assassins leave behind!

My lfs in GA has cray fish I want one but my next fish tank will be for my tarantula they are having a sale one tanks how long would I be able to keep it in a ten by itself? And I spend to much time on here to lol

My lfs in GA has cray fish I want one but my next fish tank will be for my tarantula they are having a sale one tanks how long would I be able to keep it in a ten by itself? And I spend to much time on here to lol

Depends on the type of cray. A cpo woupd be good for life in a 10.

Mexican dwarf orange crayfish.

Oo I'll have to check cause I have a extra filter on my 20g with a fully cycled pad o and checked my nitrates today and they were forty ppm lol so i'm just going to not do water changes as often

Oo I'll have to check cause I have a extra filter on my 20g with a fully cycled pad o and checked my nitrates today and they were forty ppm lol so i'm just going to not do water changes as often

Cool deal.

Ok yes I would love to have a tank set up just for a cray

Ok leme go back then... if its just cray then a little work is involved. For starters they will try and kill one another. If you have a big enough tank then the weaker ones can run and you will be fine.

Second they do great in fish tanks since they eat everything the fish dont as well as fish waist. Without the fish you need to feed them. Sinker pellets make a great stample for daily feeding. Twice a week I may feed them some carrots and 1 time a week something like clams of the half shell or blood worms.

Ok leme go back then... if its just cray then a little work is involved. For starters they will try and kill one another. If you have a big enough tank then the weaker ones can run and you will be fine.

Second they do great in fish tanks since they eat everything the fish dont as well as fish waist. Without the fish you need to feed them. Sinker pellets make a great stample for daily feeding. Twice a week I may feed them some carrots and 1 time a week something like clams of the half shell or blood worms.

What fish are they good with
@godfan don't mean you should give up

What fish are they good with
@godfan don't mean you should give up

Any fish that is quick and isnt a low tank level swimmer. If a fish gets sick or slows down the cray can get them but 99% of the time the cray will just sit and wave its arms trying to catch the fish when they swim by. 80% of your freshwater fish will be just fine as long as they are healthy. If you have fish in there I would still give him the occasional carrot or frozen meal. They get there calcium from eating the shedded exoskeleton.

Any fish that is quick and isnt a low tank level swimmer. If a fish gets sick or slows down the cray can get them but 99% of the time the cray will just sit and wave its arms trying to catch the fish when they swim by. 80% of your freshwater fish will be just fine as long as they are healthy. If you have fish in there I would still give him the occasional carrot or frozen meal. They get there calcium from eating the shedded exoskeleton.

So a dwarf gourami will be fine mine tend to stay middle not completely down

Back
Top Bottom