Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creepinghadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got this Java Fern today and It has these marks on it. I read that if it has black marks I shouldn't have it in my aquarium. I'm not sure if these ones are bad or if it's part of the plant? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422149996.878218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You might want to just cut those leaves off as close to the rhizome as you can. Java fern likes to be trimmed. It will grow back new leaves that look much better. Just be patient, it will get there.

Your Tank Plants

Hello Creep...

Those black spots are the areas where new leaves grow. A newly planted plant will look poorly for a while, because it's in a new environment. Just leave it alone. If the plant survives, then new leaves will grow. These will be used to your tank water. Just change out the water regularly to maintain good mineral levels and get some fish into the tank and feed them a varied diet. The fish will provide the fertilizer. The dark green plants need just a little light and lots of clean tap water. These plants are very slow growing so just give it time.

B

Thanks a lot :)

I wasn't sure if it was algae growing on it

Back
Top Bottom