Questions about the cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 150 I have 160 pounds of rock. It came from a cycled tank but it took me longer to get the rock in my tank then what I had planned. It sat in tubes for 2 weeks at around 72 degrees with no circulation. I'm figuring there will be a ton of die off due to this. My ammonia is .25 ppm. I have about 250 pounds of sand that came with the rock. I cleaned it really good and ATM I only have about 100 gallons of water. Do I need to add anything like a table shrimp to help it along. I just put the rock and sand in Tuesday. This is my first cycle so any advice will help

yeah, sounds like you're right about die off. I'd do a shrimp cycle. Hopefully a goodly portion of the BB did survive and the cycle will be shorter than a full one.

Ok. I'll throw a shrimp in there. I'm hoping some of the BB survived. I'm just giving it all the time it needs. I figure my new fish will be in qt for a month so my dt should be done around then

Back
Top Bottom