Questions to redoing my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gamerxx13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I wanted to ask about what are good site or stores to buy supplies for an aquarium. Currently I have a 20 gallon tank fresh water tank with 2 fish, both gouramis, one gold and one blue. I was thinking of doing a redo of my entire tank. All my plants are old, several years old and I would like to get new ones and spice up the tank. (I just recently graduated and finally have a job to spend some money on things!)

Well I had a couple of questions:
1. What is a good site to buy aquarium supplies such as plants, decorations and what now? (I stated this before)
2. What are some new fish that will be okay to put with my gouramis? I usually only put those because they look the healthiest out of the fish at Petco.
3. Is it possible to put 1 or 2 live plants in there? I would like that very much?
If you could help me with that, it would be awesome. Thank you very much.

Big Al's Online is good for supplies, so is That Fish place. I've ordered from both and have no complaints at all.

Buying fish online is another matter. You could try the site that 9ujy recommended; I've never purchased live fish from them but have heard good things. Severum Mama on this site sells live fish and her fish are great; I've ordered from her and would do so again. Sites like Aquabid also sell live fish; just check the seller rating/feedback and make sure they are reputable.

For stocking you have a good number of options for a 20 gal. You could do a school of something (tetra, danio, etc) and some snails and shrimp. What kind of fish do you like? Any ideas on what you might want and then we can see if it would be suitable? Liveaquaria also has good info on their fish so even if you don't order from them they tell you the tank requirements, etc of the fish if you want to just browse and see what you like. Just be careful of compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom