Questions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcorns33ia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a chance to purchase a used 135 gal aquarium and had a few questions, can anyone offer some insight please .....

The purchase is for the glass tank and stand, no cracks, holds water, has decent stand DIY version but seems quite sturdy, that's it, no lights, no hood, no filter, you get the idea, I'm thinking its still a decent deal what's your thoughts ?

I would make this a planted freshwater aquarium, what kind of additional costs am I looking at for a decent setup as far as lights, filtration, co2, etc...

any thoughts would be appreciated.

It depends on price..... which isn't in the orginial post.

Additional cost depend on the type of lighting etc you use, the size and brand of filter, or if you are going sump or wet dry filter. Work out what you want to achieve then you will be able to add up the costs.

It depends on price..... which isn't in the orginial post.

Additional cost depend on the type of lighting etc you use, the size and brand of filter, or if you are going sump or wet dry filter. Work out what you want to achieve then you will be able to add up the costs.

sorry about that, price is 200.00

How old is it? If it's older, or has been out of use, the seals might be ready to give up soon and you might have to reseal.

for 135 galllon tank i think it is a pretty decent price. additional costs depends on what you want for the tank. hang on back filter/canister, how much light, a high tec co2 injection system isnt cheap either which is what you would need to do with 135gallons. i dont think the DIY co2 would be sufficient enough.

depends on your location. here in so cali thats not a deal at all. i would try offering 150 and see what they say.

in a planted tank co2 isnt a must. diy wont work. a pressurized system is about $200ish though you can get it less. fishneedit come has some cheap t5 ho lights. though if you want to go low light you might be able to get away with shop lights. as for filtration you prob want to get 1-2 canisters so it will depend on what ones you want. canisters are around 120-200ish.

it really depends on what you want to do will depend on the price.

Back
Top Bottom