Quick lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloudxsoldier

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi.

I have a 39 Gallon tank that I bought with a stock standard hood with lights. I'm thinking of doing away with this hood and replacing with a better lighting unit.

Will 2x25W T5HO be enough to keep a frogspawn and hammer coral happy? These two corals are the only corals that arent doing well with my current setup.

The tank is about 70cm Deep
(exact tank is an aquaone 620T)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Im no expert but I think if your spending money on a new light make sure it is a good one. I honestly don't know if that would work or not. I would lean more toward a 4 bulb t5 fixture at maybe 54 watts a bulb.

yeah. I just can't seem to find a 22' light housing that fits 4 or even 6 t5 bulbs.
Lighting is by far the most difficult aspect of this hobby (IMO)

Anyone got any reccomendations?

how wide is the tank 24'? if it is less the 36"s wide i would say you are good to go with one.

its just under 24 inches. Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try get one ordered tomorrow.

just remember that if when you set this up make sure you acclimate your coral to this light it is powerful. start it like 2ft or 3ft above the tank and lower it each day. if its dimmable lower it to half power and start it about 2 feet above your tank. once your coral get used to the powerful light they will love it.

Hi, Ive done a bit of looking around and I can get this brand from within Australia where I live. Can someone have a quick look at the specs and let me know if its suitable? Thankyou

Usage: Marine/Reef Aquariums
LED Count: 90 LEDs
White LED: 12,000 - 14,000k
Blue LED: 450 Nm
Wattage : 120 W

Direct link to the product:
Octopus Grow Marine LED 120W Reflector

Thankyou all very much.
I would go with the dimmable one. But Im not sure they ship out to Australia.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom