Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will my plants be ok without light for a day? I'm going out of town. I have java moss, moss balls, java fern and Anubis nana

Your plants will be fine for a day, aren't there days in the real environment where the sun doesn't shine? Side note, have you thought about getting a timer? Makes things pretty easy for everyday aquarium keeping.

A light with a timer? Or can u somehow hook it up to a non timed light? But yeah I figured they'd be ok I just needed to hear it from someone else :)

You can buy a timer at staples, leave the light switched on and program the timer to be "on" at the desired times

You can buy a timer at staples, leave the light switched on and program the timer to be "on" at the desired times

I don't have a staples around me... But I'm going to NYC this weekend, maybe ill find one out there :) thanks

But I still don't get it, does it hook on to the plug or how to u hook it up with the light?

I bought a brinks digital timer at Walmart for $12 I think. Plug whatever you want in it.

Attachments

• image-3664655378.jpg
    image-3664655378.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 52
I don't have a staples around me... But I'm going to NYC this weekend, maybe ill find one out there :) thanks

But I still don't get it, does it hook on to the plug or how to u hook it up with the light?

What I have is a surge protector more or less... One side is constant power and the other side is "timed" power. The timed side is where you plug in your lights, set the time for it to come on and you are done.

Yes I also have the timer plugged into my surge projector and the light plugged into the timer.

Does it only work for a day or does it go on at the same time as before? I'm going on vacation soon too for a week. I could ask my sister to turn lights on and off along with feeding but just curious.

Does it only work for a day or does it go on at the same time as before? I'm going on vacation soon too for a week. I could ask my sister to turn lights on and off along with feeding but just curious.

The one I have like most go on every day at the time you've set. The one I bought has multiple setting though, up to six, so you could have it come on say at 8am to 12, then off, then on again from whenever to whenever and so on and so on. I got this because it was cheaper than a long timer surge protector and its digital with the multiple time settings

It is a 24 hour timer so it goes on the same time each day, I have it set to go on in the morning and evening when I am home to enjoy the tank

image-615292308.jpg

Here is a picture, each tab is 30 minutes you push in the tabs during the timeframe you want the light on and leave the tabs up for when u want them off - very simple and the timer was like 8 bucks.

Here is a picture, each tab is 30 minutes you push in the tabs during the timeframe you want the light on and leave the tabs up for when u want them off - very simple and the timer was like 8 bucks.

Sweet! Very helpful! Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom