Quick random question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is distilled water safe to mix
With instant ocean and use to set up a new reef? Im assuming so but kinda want anyone elses input. Thanks guys

Distilled will still have TDS readings. Much lower then tap but still there. Ro/Di is the way to go ;)

Mrc8858 said:
Distilled will still have TDS readings. Much lower then tap but still there. Ro/Di is the way to go ;)

I have no doubt that this has been true for some, but my experience with distilled is different. Several gallons tested 0 TDS, I have never tested one that had any measurable TDS.

If for no other reason, an RO/DI unit is an investment that will pay for itself over time.

reefrunner69 said:
I have no doubt that this has been true for some, but my experience with distilled is different. Several gallons tested 0 TDS, I have never tested one that had any measurable TDS.

If for no other reason, an RO/DI unit is an investment that will pay for itself over time.

Your probably right.It probably depends on the quality of the product honestly but distilled will by far be better then tap.

Back
Top Bottom