R.I.P. Daddy Ram :`(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
My big, beautiful breeder ram died last night. I'm still not sure what was wrong with him. I think he got into a lip lock and never could recover. I don't know what I'm going to do.....I feel so bad about his widow. I guess I'll try to find her new hubby and hope they pair up. These two loved each other so much and gave some cute fry. I'm so depressed today. :cry:

Here's a pic of him....so long buddy.

Attachments

• maleram_665.jpg
    maleram_665.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 25
=(. I will tell President Hoover and we will hold a state funeral.

I'm sorry =*(

Thanks guys. I know rams are short lived fish, but, yeah, I was hoping he would pull through. I'm working on getting a new breeding group now. I've had a taste of breeding success with rams and now I have the fever. I'm told by a ram breeder that he doubts that the widow ram will pair up again, so I'll move her to my 29 and put the single lady ram from there into my 55 with the new trio I plan to get, and hopefully, I can get some breeding going again.

In the meantime, I still have 10 offspring of the deceased daddy ram and the widow ram growing out. I've already put the biggest one (who looks JUST like his dad) into my 29 and the other 9 are still growing out in my 10 gallon fry tank.

Daddy ram's legacy lives on through these beautiful babies he fathered before going to that gazillion gallon tank in the sky.

Rest easy, daddy, I'm taking good care of your kids. ;)

I just read the story and I can definitely understand your pain. Your last to last sentence reminds me of "Charlotte's Web". You will always have Daddy because of his offspring.

Kudo's to you on actually having a successful spawn with him. Most cannot enjoy such a legacy.

Thanks jchillin! Widow ram seems to be okay, she will have a good life in my 29. I might try to see if I can get her to pair up again, but it's doubtful.

I felt like the luckiest aquarist in the world having such spawning success with such a 'difficult' fish. It made me feel like I could be successful with any fish I wanted. I am so proud of my ram babies it almost hurts.....they are def. more special to me now more than ever!

In the meantime, I've been scrutinizing my 55 and it looks like my Apistos have been VERY busy. Both the trifasciata and cacatuoides have been working overtime. Everytime I look in there there are more fish than what I had before. Seems they've all been spawning in secret and raising the fry under the radar. 8O I'm going to have to relocate some of the babies or my 55 in going to go into overstock overdrive quickly. I'm at a loss....I've never had this problem. It's a good one to have, but I can't imagine how hard it will be to catch some of these babies in that tank.

So sorry for your loss.

The breeder that you had told me about is planning to have some ready to go by the middle of Feb. if you are looking.

Yep, I already emailed him yesterday. Sounds like they'll be ready right after Valentines Day!!! LOL, Perfect. Will you be getting some?....rams, that is. LOL

Will you be getting some?....

I sure hope so! And I'm thinking about getting some rams too. :wink:

I would sure like to get some info from you and your ram tank techniques. Not here but maybe another thread or a pm.

courtnee said:
aww Im sorry. This is a heart tugger. Glad you have his offspring though that is special!

Thank you!! I appreciate that. I'm glad I have them too.

SparKy697 said:
I sure hope so! And I'm thinking about getting some rams too.

LOL....that is too funny!! good thing on both...;)

SparKy697 said:
I would sure like to get some info from you and your ram tank techniques. Not here but maybe another thread or a pm.

PM me anytime.....I would be glad to share! ;)

Back
Top Bottom