R.I.P. Sagatosis Tang!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
well i was to late. I went to my LFS and purchased a 12 gal hospital tank for my tang. But i waited to long. He was sick for a week and a half... I put him in the QT tank, and treated with copper. He died a few hours later...My display now has 2 shrimp and a Blenny, I am going to get a crab to help fix my algea problem (green carpet on the sand).

As time went on he had ICH, the ich seemed to go away, but then his pigment stated to go, he had white spots all over. He also was not eating anymore, and was thinning real bad.

So i suppose my question would be, how long should I wait to start restocking my tank, and how klong should i keep the new fish in QT before introducing them to the display thank?

thank you

Snails will help with the algae problem, and they are cheap! The are only 1.99 each here where I live.

If your tang had ich while in your main tank, don't add any fish to it for at least 6 weeks. You should also remove your blenny as it may be a carrier of ich even tho it may not show any outwards signs. I think they would be fine for 6 weeks in the qt tank as long as it's cycled and you do regular maintenance on it.

Back
Top Bottom