R/O Unit Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirtySubstrate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure if this goes here or in another forum and this has probably already been discussed a million times so I apologize if it has.

I have been using treated tap water for the last few months and would like to look into to purchasing some sort of simple R/O unit to use in setting up my new 75G tank. I'm not sure where to even start.. I live in an apartment so any sort of plumbing is not possible. How do they typically hook up to a water source? How does the water come out? Are the drinking water R/O systems the same?

Can you recomend one that will meet my needs?

TIA

Check out a few of the site sponsors here
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/sponsorbanners.php
You can find a pretty good deal there. Also many purchase them on ebay, but I would be cautious there.
You can get attachment to hook them to you kitchen sink and simply unplug it when you are done. Try and get a DI stage with it. That will remove most of the PO4 from the water and help combat certain algae outbreaks.
HTH

The one I purchased from Ebay is sitting on my doorstep waiting for me today....so I can post later this weekend to let you know. Someone else in AA has one as from what I remember was pretty satisfied. They ones we purchased are the same as the drinking water ones and can be hooked up many different ways. I plan on hooking mine up to the supply line to the sink. Very easily done and totally reversible without replacing any plumbing.

Oh ya, forgot to mention the added benefit of some pretty nice drinking water. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom