Radican sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trout11B

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone else have a problem with fish grazing on this type of sword?

It seems like every time I get a new leaf growing it gets grazed off. I have two other swords that nobody messes with in the tank, I thought swords would be tough enough because the other two are doing well, but they seem to be proving me wrong here.

Stock is: angelfish, red eye tetras, zebra danios, and a Pleco. Two sailfin mollies were added, but the leaf was already gone at that point.

My angels (12 adults) are terrible plant nibblers so what I have gone to doing is I blanch 2 1/4" zucchini strips every morning and hang them on veggies clips so they can nibble on them all day. And I add a few cooked, deshelled, slightly smashed peas to their normal daily feeding. This has actually kept nibbling down alot! Your pleco might also be a big part of the problem so the zucchini in the tank will be good for it also.

My eye was on the Pleco or the angel, but I've never seen any nibbling happening. I'm sure you're right though.

I'll bump up the number of veggies that get fed in the tank.

Thanks

Any thoughts on why it would just be the radican?

That's the other confusing part, is that there's no munching on the other swords. Is the radican just softer or do my fish just don't like the look of it in the tank haha.

No telling what is making it so appetizing but once they start on something it's hard to break them of it. My angels decided my Pogostemon helferi was the perfect salad bar and almost destroyed it and that is no easy feat. It's not even a soft plant but once they got hooked it took the zucchini trick to stop them. The P Helferi has since fully recovered but you need to stop them now before it gets any worse and they decide to try the other plants as well.

Back
Top Bottom