Rain water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idk if I trust eBay

Myself and quite a few others on here have purchased many items from Ebay, even RO/DI units. I haven't heard anyone with an RO/DI unit have any problems with it. Some people just aren't comfortable trusting strangers, but sometimes the savings are worth it.

I personally would not do it. There is such a thing as Acid rain no matter where you live at. Maybe make a batch of SW and do your water test on it and see what they show but even then some things that are in the water wont show up if it`s not what you are testing for. JMO

NO!!!! I would strongly advise against doing this.
1.) Rain water isn't suggested for drinking and if I can't drink it, it's not going in my tank.

2.) rain water is know to contain pesticides after a dry spell, and pesticides will destroy a tank's ecosystem.

3.) It will contain pollutants, no matter where it's falling. Some areas more toxic than others.

4.) Rain water contains dissolved gases specifically, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen Oxide, and Sulfur Oxide. I would worry more about the sulfur than anything else.

But if your going to do this I wouls suggest setting up a cheap tank from walmart, with cheap fish, and a cheap coral, rather than risk losing your whole DT. That's a good chunk of money to dump down the drain.

I would also research filtration methods for rain water as well

Wow. I had no idea you couldn't drink it. Thanks. I'm not going to do this. I live in Texas so most of out rain comes from way up northwest

Back
Top Bottom