Rainbow diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've read many debates on what to feed rainbows, I feed currently Cobalt spirulina probiotics flake, but from what I've read just because they eat it doesn't mean it's good for them, I've read that I should have algae in my tank as they feed mostly in the wild on algae, some also say duckweed for them to forage on, atm I have extremely small juveniles that when I fed they just spit it back out.

I do have Hikari frozen blood worms that are extremely small not big like the normal sized ones but as I mentioned my kangaroo creeks are ultra small and I do know that rainbows have a small throat.

I've also read that rainbows need a specific diet to show their best colors and to live longer, I see a lot of people recommending new life spectrum, frozen daphnia and brine shrimp and worm cultures?? I want the best for my fish and I believe the diet I have been feeding is not the correct diet for the rainbows but it's a great diet for my tetras, any advice would be appreciated.

as you can see in this pic they are super tiny
IS2ZE2p.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom