Rainbow Dwarf Snakehead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squeegee_gal77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently acquired one if these little cuties, anybody have experience with them and can offer advise? I'm aware they are escape artists and only grow to around 8", but I don't know much else. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418541286.902986.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418541311.808195.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418541329.609328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keep them in an aquarium with places to hide, dont overfeed them, fast them 1-2 times a week, they'll get inactive and lazy if u feed them everyday, dont keep them in tropical conditions, temp. They are subtropical so they should be kept around 18-22 C (65-70 F), they'll eat anything smaller or near their own size, oh and the light should be dimmed down, water changes arent required as much with these fish skipping a week or two wont hurt them.. I do water changes every second week, but thats only because i have a lot of plants

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

wow awesome fish I thought they are illegal Atleast they are in ny and a few other states. my father had rainbows snake heads when I was growing up wish I could get my heads on one or 2. good luck beautiful fish enjoy

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks!
I've heard that a couple times now. I'm in Alberta, Canada. As far as I know they are legal here, picked him up at a local pet store.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea as far as i know they're only illegal in the US. i'm from Europe and over her you can basically get any snakehead species u want. I got 4 pulchra's my self :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom