Rainbowfish Species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out Madagascar rainbows one of my favorite to date.

Gorgeous fish, but from what I looked up it says little to no driftwood because it softens the water and they need a 7-8 PH?
I know fish adapt to the tank's water, but I don't know how far that goes. I need driftwood for my other fish.

Chiroptera said:
Gorgeous fish, but from what I looked up it says little to no driftwood because it softens the water and they need a 7-8 PH?
I know fish adapt to the tank's water, but I don't know how far that goes. I need driftwood for my other fish.

As long as your ph isn't like 5.5 it should be fine. It needs to be stable though.

As long as your ph isn't like 5.5 it should be fine. It needs to be stable though.

My pH stays pretty constant now, I'll have the new tank established for probably a month or more before the new fish. It'll cycle pretty fast - I'm going to place a bunch of my old gravel into a stocking and lay it on the sand so the bacteria come over, use a bacteria booster (I found one that actually has the right concoction of bacteria) and leave it for a week, add my current fish, and then take readings twice a week for three weeks after, and if it's constant, I'll make a final decision.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing a Millenium Rainbow/Axelrodi mix, but apparently they school with all different species of Rainbows, and even cross breed, so I may have one or two oddballs, like a yellow or turquoise.

Back
Top Bottom