raising mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a few questions about raising mystery snails since my mystery just laid eggs
- can i keep the ones i find in a net breeder with 5 baby platies?
- when some of the baby mysteries die in the tank do i have to take them out? will they pollute the tank if i dont?

Congrats on the babies!
- Are you talking about the eggs or the baby snails?
- Typically if the snails die they'll be eaten by larger fish, but you'll probably want to vacuum up the dead babies.

My apple snails (successfully) breed all the time, so if you have any questions feel free. :)

Congrats on the babies!
- Are you talking about the eggs or the baby snails?
- Typically if the snails die they'll be eaten by larger fish, but you'll probably want to vacuum up the dead babies.

My apple snails (successfully) breed all the time, so if you have any questions feel free. :)
thanks! i mean once the eggs hatch can i keep the babies with the baby platys

You should be able to. I personally never have, but I'm sure it would work out fine. I usually just let my snails do their thing. :> Just be sure the eggs stay moist, but aren't touching the water. :)

when they get about 1/2" probably, but you should ask your petstore what size they want them at.

Back
Top Bottom