Ram ich outbreak.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well the other day I had added some new rainbows to my main ram tank. Shortly after I have noticed ich on my rams. I decided to treat the heat and salt method so my current temp is about 87. Well turns out the rainbows have started dying since they have it so bad in their gills. So I decided to change treatments and use mess. I bought maracide yesterday. I dosed last night and now I was planning on doing a water change. Would it be safe to do a change or wait until day 5 when treatment should be finished?

I successfully treated my planted tank for ich. I couldn't use salt because of the plants. I did raise the temp and used Quick Cure.

Just make sure to remove the activated carbon prior to treatment. After day 5 I did a large partial water change and added activated carbon. Lost a few fish but ich is gone now.

I've never used medications for the treatment of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis, what do the directions say to do?

No water changes, ph adjustment (idk why) or temperature adjustment necessary if readings are in ideal range. Treat on days 1,3, and 5. Since its day 3 I'm just gonna wait till day 5 dose and on day 6 do a 60-70% change.

I used Rid Ich + and didn't lose any fish, also raised the temp. Saved my clown loaches from near death.

Back
Top Bottom