Ram Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my gorgeous Elec Blue Ram died out of no where (I wrote my theories in a planted thread actually) and Id like something BLUE..... I MEAN BLUE again in my tank.

I think the EB Ram might just be to sensitive of a fish in both immunity and lack of aggressiveness and for the price dont think I want to go that route again?

Anyone have any thoughts?

My main fish I would have to deal with worrying about are my
Dwarf gourami
Gold Ram
Blue Ram

I was thinking of picking up a German Blue Ram but thought 3 rams might just be a bad idea.

I thought about just a blue platy but they are hard to come by and honestly, Im not crazy about platys and the blue is just not BLUE enough.

I have neons but really its not the same.

My GF saw a silver lyrtail molly she actually liked, so maybe Ill just add that in the EBs place and be done with it.

Thanks

Turquoise Rainbowfish. I just got some and are very blue in color. Very active too. If you have the tank space they are schoolers so 5+

Rams, especially German blue and the electric, have been bred to much to look the way they do now that they are super sensitive and don't have very long life spans. With blues usually not more than 6-7 months.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Turquoise Rainbowfish. I just got some and are very blue in color. Very active too. If you have the tank space they are schoolers so 5+

Rams, especially German blue and the electric, have been bred to much to look the way they do now that they are super sensitive and don't have very long life spans. With blues usually not more than 6-7 months.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh wow then I dont feel bad, he was prob at the end of his life. thats pretty sad tho.

sounds nice but I dont have room for 5+ fish that size

Aru ii rainbowfish are very blue and are a beautiful fish in my opinion. I've always wanted them but I can't find them anywhere :(.

Not an entirely blue fish but furcatas have great coloring including gorgeous blue eyes.

You could get some blue neo shrimp for the bottom, not sure if the rams would make a meal out of them or not though.

They would def eat the shrimp

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Electric blue acara but i don't know how it would do with the current tank size and stocking.

I would not recommend adding them with your current stock but in the future you could look into apisto borellii 'opal', one of my favorite types of fish. They're very peaceful and do well in docile community tanks.

wish I was able to find some of these fish. There is another store here in West Haven, I may try. I went there twice and wasnt to impressed but maybe 3rd times a charm.

Back
Top Bottom