Randalli goby dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyEnr

Aquarium Advice Regular
In a 20 gallon...is it possible for peppermint shrimp to kill and eat a small shrimp goby "randalli goby". I'm pretty sure they were jst cleaning him up but I don't know why he died otherwise.

In a 20 gallon...is it possible for peppermint shrimp to kill and eat a small shrimp goby "randalli goby". I'm pretty sure they were jst cleaning him up but I don't know why he died otherwise.

Are you sure its the shrimp and not just the skin ? shrimp do molt just a thought

Yeah water quality is perfect...idk what happened I'm thinking that I may possibly have a small mantis shrimp or a large fire worm hiding somewhere in the tank....my mandarins fine though he's been in there for months he was my first fish

How Long had he been in your tank had you seen him eating?

I probably had him two weeks or so and yeah he was very active when I was present and when I put food in the tank he seem to come out and get some..and the tiger pistol he was paired with would come out too and grab some pellets ad they would both scurry back into their hole. I did think about the eating but what worries me is I out a lawnmower Blenny in my tank on Friday and I haven't seen him since so I don't know what's up with my tank. Meanwhile, my mandarin continues to just coast around my tank pecking off pods and living happily and he was the first fish I put in there and I've had him for almost two months like it doesn't make sense to me

I probably had him two weeks or so and yeah he was very active when I was present and when I put food in the tank he seem to come out and get some..and the tiger pistol he was paired with would come out too and grab some pellets ad they would both scurry back into their hole. I did think about the eating but what worries me is I out a lawnmower Blenny in my tank on Friday and I haven't seen him since so I don't know what's up with my tank. Meanwhile, my mandarin continues to just coast around my tank pecking off pods and living happily and he was the first fish I put in there and I've had him for almost two months like it doesn't make sense to me

Is your tank open topped or does it have a cover?

It has a temporary glass top that leaves an inch on each side open...he didnt jump out thought he was dead in the tank

Back
Top Bottom