Random dumb questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I use a desk lamp with a 150W equivalent energy efficient bulb for my planted tank. Does this have an affect on water temperature, or does my thermometer go up a lot because the lamp is at the same side? Also, what does it mean when your fish poop A LOT? Like need to vacuum the sand every two day a lot? I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving break, and with having a brand new filter, I know I'm returning to a lovely spike to clean up. It just bugs me to have to vacuum so much. I know the filter's new and all, but dang. Too much crap. Literally.

Nerite and Apple snails are notorious poop machines. They are likely the ones making the mess.

Honestly, I've watched, and the mess is the inca snail and the gourami more than the nerites. I have yet to find a spot where the nerites poop but I see the inca and the gourami multiple times a day. And it can't be dark to blend in with the black sand. It has to be white from the snail and strange brown from the gourami. Somebody is pink in there too. It all shows, and when I do water changes, everything I missed gets stirred up. I hate that. I try to get it really good and it does that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom