Random GloFish deaths?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. They are not selectively bred, they are genetically modified by having a gene added that is not part of their natural genetic makeup. This has been done purely for human gain and I find that intrinsically wrong. If there isn't demand, then these things wouldn't happen. Why mess with the beauty of nature? Some fish naturally produce colour mutations, such as gold or red, without interference in their genetic make-up.

The original ones were genetically modified, yes. But the ones that show up in fish stores now are offspring from those, hence the selective breeding comment. The original ones were not intended for pets, they were for a scientific experiment to benefit both humans and fish alike by giving us a way to monitor the pollution levels in a river so it can be corrected before massive die-offs. They weren't supposed to be just a blatant cash grab. Getting mad at the ones we have now is just like getting mad at someone because you don't like their ancestry imo...

It's true some fish naturally produce brilliant colors, I have several in my natural 75 community. They're gorgeous, and to some these are another kind of gorgeous too. To each their own, and nothing saying we can't enjoy both...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom