Random Question For Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was talking to my dad after my DG passed away about how I always have to do a water change after a fish dies. Whether I'm supposed to or not, I have this thing where I have to do it. We both were wondering if its just my thing, or do you really have to do a water change after a fish dies. So, the debate I am proposing to begin is as follows:

Do you need to perform a water change after a fish dies, whether of illness, old age, or simply was declining rapidly and you decided to end the painful appearing process of dying?

What is the reason for your response?

I was talking to my dad after my DG passed away about how I always have to do a water change after a fish dies. Whether I'm supposed to or not, I have this thing where I have to do it. We both were wondering if its just my thing, or do you really have to do a water change after a fish dies. So, the debate I am proposing to begin is as follows:

Do you need to perform a water change after a fish dies, whether of illness, old age, or simply was declining rapidly and you decided to end the painful appearing process of dying?

What is the reason for your response?

Water change yes, you don't know what the fish died of, also how long its been in your tank fouling up your water conditions.

To air on the side of caution I'd definitely do a water change when a fish dies.

That's just me....

That's my thing. I always do just because that's me. Idk why I do it. This time, my DG I knew was sick, but it wasn't bothering him or affecting his quality if life. He had a sore type thing on his head that no matter what I couldn't figure out what it was. After I put him down I had to do one, though I don't know why. It wasn't contagious, whatever it was.

That's my thing. I always do just because that's me. Idk why I do it. This time, my DG I knew was sick, but it wasn't bothering him or affecting his quality if life. He had a sore type thing on his head that no matter what I couldn't figure out what it was. After I put him down I had to do one, though I don't know why. It wasn't contagious, whatever it was.

Well... To the only thing I can say in response to your post is... Are you sure it isn't contiguous? You don't even know what it was... Water change was a good idea

Back
Top Bottom