random question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was just wondering how do you tell which fish is is "boss" in your tank? sometimes its completely obvious (like in my dp tank) but in my other tank i cant tell.. i was just wondering thanks!

My betta is the boss of my 13 gallon tank. He keeps everyone in order and even protects them from the "evil" humans that walk by the tank. However he gets the food first, but he's also the one that begs for the food... Firecracker is quite the character!

weve already got a thread about this,its called " whos the boss of your tank(pics please)"

edit: now that i think about it,thats in the cichlid section so this threads fine. my bosses are: male betta(10 gallon),blue crayfish(female,20 gallon),and female jewel cichlid(55 gallon)

ohh i should rephrase my question i meant to ask how can you tell which fish is the boss? like how do they act so you can tell opps

kathleen55 said:
ohh i should rephrase my question i meant to ask how can you tell which fish is the boss? like how do they act so you can tell opps

My betta chases the other fish out of his corner and away from his food. He also makes sure that everyone is there, he swims around and looks at EVERY fish! It's really funny actually. But he is the boss for sure!

weve already got a thread about this,its called " whos the boss of your tank(pics please)"

edit: now that i think about it,thats in the cichlid section so this threads fine. my bosses are: male betta(10 gallon),blue crayfish(female,20 gallon),and female jewel cichlid(55 gallon)

Not sure how that would apply anyways... this isn't 'who is the boss of your tank', it's 'how do you know which one is?'... it helps to read the whole post sometimes.

and, I agree with jetajockey. Some tanks wont have a boss, everyone will be equally aggressive...

Not sure how that would apply anyways... this isn't 'who is the boss of your tank', it's 'how do you know which one is?'... it helps to read the whole post sometimes.

and, I agree with jetajockey. Some tanks wont have a boss, everyone will be equally aggressive...
yea i know now but i thought it was asking who the boss was

Back
Top Bottom