Rav's 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not worried about the vacations yet- season won't start until April.:(
I think I'm more concerned about the temp in the house going to 88 degrees and how that will affect the tank. I can always lower the temp on longer trips. not sure on the fish yet, have looked at small neon tetras- I think thats what she likes. I figure I can always drop a 14 day feeder block in the tank - best if neighbor stays in his own home. LOL

Those plants with the white on the edges and the other one with the white marbled in the leaf are non aquatic plants and will rot and degrade water quality.

Those plants with the white on the edges and the other one with the white marbled in the leaf are non aquatic plants and will rot and degrade water quality.

interesting- do you know the name of the plants? I don't and would like to know so I can return to pet store with knowledge of what they are.

The white edged plant is a dracena. It is definitely not aquatic and, in fact, you are warned not to overwater it. Every chain lfs sells them as aquatic, not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom