RCS tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacos377

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about putting RCS in my 10 gallon planted tank. Problem is I already have 5 neons and an Otto in there. Will they eat the RCS or the shrimplets that I will have eventually?

I'm thinking about putting RCS in my 10 gallon planted tank. Problem is I already have 5 neons and an Otto in there. Will they eat the RCS or the shrimplets that I will have eventually?
I think it would be ok. I have some RCS in my guppy breeding tank with no issues. If you have enough RCS, they will breed plenty of babies. A few babies might get picked off by the neons but more will survive that don't!!!. Once they have hiding spots, they will be fine....

The neons probably will pick off shrimplets that come really close to them, but they won't be actively hunting them down. Your shrimp should be fine provided that you just have a halfway decent amount of cover.

My RCS peacefully coexist since a month with: Cardinal tetras, Lemon tetras, Glow light tetras, Corydoras, SAE, Ottos, Pencil fish and evan ghost cats. I havn't noticed any harassment yet . It might help that its's a heavily planted 200g tank.

Back
Top Bottom