RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warhorseart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Question... I have my RCS in a 3 ga planted tank that I used the gravel for plants. I hate it! I really would like to put sand down instead. I have two very berried females and at least 10 2 week old babies swimming around with the rest of them (7 adults total) is there a way to pull plants and shrimp from this tank to change the substrate?

I would say wait until your berried ones have had the babies and then do it...that way they don't get stressed and drop the eggs or something

Jev,

How would I go about pulling the babies? The problem with this gravel stuff is food and crud gets lodged in it (including the shrimplets) do I just syphon and then hand pick the babies out of the siphoned water? Unfortunately I lost my best berried female tonight. I have no idea why, the other one I lost was also berried and also at the three week mark :(
I'm also over run by snails, I'm assuming from the last plant I put in the tank. Previously I was snail free!

Well you can siphon them out lol and then you can do what you need to do...and sorry to hear about that that is a shame...you lost them both???and snails that is no fun...you could maybe try an assassin snail or just stayon top of hand picking them out

Back
Top Bottom