Re-doing sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i bought a 40 gal breeder sump but i want to chanhe the panels to use different equipment. Is it possible to remove the dividers and then re-silicone them into a new plave? If so what is the best method?

If it's a glass tank you should be able to scrap the silicone with a blade and get everything out. I would take my time and wear some gloves in-case you twist the glass wrong or something. Just go slow.

Ok, that was my plan, if you have any other tips i would appreciate it. especially for re-applying the silicone so its not a big sloppy mess...lol

I'm new to all this but I have been reading and watching videos for the last 5 months. I used to keep aquariums but it was your basic 20g tetra stuff. There are some great videos on YouTube. Just search sump, wet/dry. refugium, freshwater or any combination of those. There are even some how-to build sumps. There are a few about breaking down tanks and resealing them too which is kinda' what you'll be doing.

I'm going to be starting mine next week probably, if not this weekend. The biggest things I have seen that look helpful are:

• Marking outer glass with a sharpie
  • Using tape for clean lines
  • Using CDs, wood etc to space out the raised sections for the bubble traps.
  • Using a dowel to apply and spread silicon on the smaller sections of the bubble trap.
  • A dot of super glue on the dividers before applying silicone to help hold them in place
  • Measuring and marking outer glass with markers.
  • Using tape for clean lines

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom