Re-Introduction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I joined AA in 2004, but as college progressed and I had less time to do hobby-related stuff I kind of fell out of touch. According to my page my last activity was in early 2005, so I think it's safe to say I'm now new to the hobby-- again!

Since I was in college my family's vast number of aquariums were kind of left on hold, and have been downsized to only one 55g freshwater (the 20g saltwater was a victim of the downsizing :sad:). However, we do have most of the same fish in it-- we traded out angels for tetras, kept the catfish, and kept our clown loaches. The striped raphael is probably the oldest fish, as my aunt had it for about 5 years before we adopted it in 2004. However, we also have two 5-year old clown loaches and one 4-year-old, so I guess we're still bottom-feeder fanatics. The tank as a whole has been running for about 8 years.

I was never a big tetra fan before, but since I restructured the tank for tetras I have to say they are incredibly beautiful and charismatic in their own way. We have schools of neons, diamonds, black-skirts, and something that I can't remember the common name of but that I believe are Von Rio flame tetras (I know, shame on me).

Now that I've graduated I look forward to getting back into the hobby, though for now I'll probably be trying to do a smaller tank rather than anything bigger.

Nice to be back. =)

- Marisa

P.S. I also have a 10g with a couple firebelly newts that are about 17 years old. No one could ever "downsize" them away from me. :p

Congrats on graduating, but now you have to live in the real world :confused:

Time for a new SW tank. No excuses. You have plenty of time on your hands (till you find a job) :)

Welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom