Reactor???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARM2002

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been running my reef tank for a year now and want to look into getting a reactor now. Was wondering what is a good brand and what water pump I'll need to go with it? Any info would be great.

I have a phosban reactor, you can use most types of media in it. What size is your tank?

You can get the 150mod reactor. There affordable and work really good. You want an adjustable pump and it also comes with a ball valve. I'm 500% satisfied with mine. And I got it for 80 bucks.

Im thinking phosphate remover media. Was possibly thinking of running 2. The other having carbon.

Ok. With phosphate media make sure that the media is slowly moving and not flying around, if it's going to fast you won't have enough contact time and your media will grind against eachother. Slow and steady wins the race

Haha. I get it. So reactor and pump. Then I'm good to go.

Would having a carbon filled reactor help clear up my water? Not that it's dirty but I just want to "polish" my water so it's more clear.

Yes. But you can use one reactor for both, at-least on the phsban, just use the foam disks to separate, phosban on bottom. Upload pictures of your tank and sump?

Here are a few shots of my tank. I'm not home and don't have a pic of my sump. This is what I got on my phone. It's 30x30x30.

Attachments

• image-896527600.jpg
    image-896527600.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-889240146.jpg
    image-889240146.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1473066757.jpg
    image-1473066757.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 96
Vary nice, I would love to see it with corals and what not. Also you need 1/2 an inch tube, about 2 feet of it or however much you need. It doesn't hurt to get a little to much because you can cut it

fish are friends not food

Yea. I know! LoL I got a lil side tracked stocking and setting up my predator tank. Now I'm working on this one. There's soo many corals to choose from haha.

Make sure you get right lighting, and buy an extra foam disk for the carbon. I'll upload my pics later

fish are friends not food

Right now I got 250 watt halide and 2x65 watt pc actinic. Cool. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

This is a view of my sump from the front of the tank.

Attachments

• image-1648172434.jpg
    image-1648172434.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom