Real Endlers or Not? Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
These 3 guys were given to me by a friend, he claims they're n-class but I have doubts and it's driving me crazy..

image-1701555436.jpg

image-979615270.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.. The pictures don't do them justice!

I have three lines of Endlers and they throw some odd stuff. From the photos, it looks like they could be N-Class Endlers. If thet came from Swampriveraquatics.com then likely they are the real deal. I mixed two N-Class lines and came up with males that have a red lyertail and have refined them so that the entire body of the male is red. I also got some silver / blue males that I refined down to this odd blue matalic silver color. They are all N-Class and females throw normals and the odd balls. It seems N-Class have tons of mutations. I used to raise show quality guppys and know how to maximize the fry survival rate and cull for geno traits. I also keep my females virgins until 90 days to increase fry yield.

Hope that helps

It does thank you, I'm just surprised by all the traits these little guys throw out and am quick to question how real they are, its really amazing..

On another note what would you think about crossing these with tiger females?
Ps.. My Amphibians love those undesirables.

I know it's frowned upon but I really want to move my tigers to this tank, have no black bar females, and wonder what their drops would look like..? I planned on getting tigers and was offered these when discussing it..

I own tigers lol I wouldn't say it's exactly frowned upon, it's just more desirable to have n-class endler's as opposed to hybrids, which generally equates to more $ when selling the offspring

Haha I know that should be the case but lately I've been seeing tigers going for more on eBay! 10 randoms For 30$ even, It's odd... but do you know what a tiger black bar cross would look like?

Not a clue, could always try it as long as you don't try and sell them or market them as n-class :)

Haha I would never do that, besides they'd look completely different!

Back
Top Bottom