Really bad issue with my mums comet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuck

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mum rang me up today saying she had noticed white spots on her comets fins, I went over and I'm pretty sure it's Ich but just want to confirm before I tell her to buy all the treatments. I think it's pretty bad.

image-2704616968.jpg

That's the best picture I could get. There hasn't been any change in behaviour yet either which I thought was strange.

That does look like ick, get some tetra ick guard fast!
Also, I hope that fish is going to be out in a pond or a 180 gallon tank

It will eventually be in a pond but its 18months of being ready at best, The fish is only about 2-2.5" long at the moment but like I said its not my fish so there's not a lot I can do. I'll tell her to get the medication tomorrow.

Ok thanks very much for the advice. She doesn't have a heater in her tank, and I doubt she will buy one, I could loan her mine it won't mess up my cycle if my temp dropped would it?

I do t think so, but if she doesn't have one, don't put it in

The heater really just helps the ich pass on a lot faster. And no removing the heater from your tank won't mess up your cycle. It will most likely, however, stress your fish from a temp drop. What's your usual tank temp and the room temp?

The heater really just helps the ich pass on a lot faster. And no removing the heater from your tank won't mess up your cycle. It will most likely, however, stress your fish from a temp drop. What's your usual tank temp and the room temp?

Only put the heater in today it's a new tank doing a fish less cycle.

It's 15 the same as mine but its a lot taller than mine, hers is closer to a square where as mine is more rectangular

A 15 is horribly small for that comet even for a temporary home. Get him a bigger tank off of CL he really needs it.

Back
Top Bottom