really skinny Celestial pearl danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
I'm getting worried about one of my cpd's. She's getting really thin and her stomach is quite sunken now. She's still active, eating, swimming with the others and doesn't have clamped fins.

She still seems to be eating, though doesn't seem quite as interested as the others. Could be just me being paranoid though.

I've got a 48l tank, fairly heavily planted. Temp is 26ºc. Am is 0, ni is 0 na are almost 0.

Could this be parasites? :/ I'm really hoping not! One of the other girls is starting to look thin too and I'm worried about them all going the same way :/

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help here but i had the same experience.
4 of my cpds got really skinny even when I made sure they were eating and eventually died one after the other.
I used interpet no 9 I think it's anti internal bacteria or parasite or something. Since then I have 4 that survived. But I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence as they were bought in two separate groups so could've been a bad few? Although they were in the tank when the others got sick.
Like I said Im not much help....

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help here but i had the same experience.
4 of my cpds got really skinny even when I made sure they were eating and eventually died one after the other.
I used interpet no 9 I think it's anti internal bacteria or parasite or something. Since then I have 4 that survived. But I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence as they were bought in two separate groups so could've been a bad few? Although they were in the tank when the others got sick.
Like I said Im not much help....

Aw that's a shame :( I'm glad some of yours survived! Mine were all bought at the same time and I've had them nearly a year now. The rest are looking really healthy and have really vivid colouration. The skinny ones aren't pale or anything either though.

From what I can remember when I researched it maybe a year ago was that cpds are wild caught so they have parasites that can cause them to become emaciated. But it was a while ago so I could have remembered wrong.
Maybe it's worth giving it some time and more frequent pwcs then later on deciding if you're up for medicating.

I've got a funny feeling these were tank bred but I could be wrong ;) my problem is gonna be getting hold of meds. We're pretty limited with what we can get in the uk :/

I'm in the uk too so I know what you mean. Would be so much better if we could get hold of medicated food then you know it's getting straight to the fish.
I'm sure someone else will chime in, they might know more. Other than that I'd say its a case of wait and see unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom