Rearranging LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off, I have a 50 gal. I bought a small yellow Tang awhile back and here lately he has found a little hideout in the LR and stays back in there most of the time. When feeding he comes out and quickly runs back into his hideout.

Will rearranging the rock help get him out of hiding and start swimming around more? He doesn't seem stressed, he has nothing to be stressed about. There is only a pair of true percs, yellow-headed sleeper gobie, and a lawnmower blenny in the tank..

I wouldn't move anything. My Tang does the same thing he comes out to swim and eat and as soon as somebody looks at the tank he quickly retreats back to his hide out. If he seems happy, then don't mess with the environment he has already adapted to.

If you move the LR around chances are he'll find a new spot and do the same thing.

My tang does the same thing, it's very shy and as soon as people get close it hides behind the rocks. :D

Back
Top Bottom