Reattaching Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello

I bought an nice piece on rock with Xenia and Zoos on it. One on the Xenias was loosened up by something (?). How can I reattatch it? Maybe just slip into a craves ? Thanks

I use toothpicks. Don't stab your xenia. But break the toothpic so it forms an L shape.

and place the Xenia where you would like. then secure it under the bent toothpick by placing the toothpick between two stalks and jamming both ends into the rock. Make sure that the Xenia's foot is touching the rock. It should attach itself withing a day or so. then you simply remove the toothpick.

I've always gone ahead and stabbed the Xenia. Then I rubberband the toothpick to the rock. It worked well for me. It doesn't even matter if the stalk is touching the rock when you're done. It will wander down onto the rock on its own.

I have literally pulled it off of surfaces, squeezed every once of fluid out of them and they still bounced back (Not that anyone should..). However I have never seen xenia (personally) just detach. I would be very suspicious of either a predator or water conditions. I have seen xenia shrivel like a flower and whither away to nothing, but never detach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom