Rebuild 40 breeder softy/LPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear you. I didn't realize how great hammers were until I got a wall one. The branching is cool...but man, the wall is great. It being gold only amplifies it more.

It could possibly heal, or it could get brown jelly disease and die off. keep an eye for it, and frag off the part that has it if so. Good luck.

I'm staying optimistic... Lookin much better.

There are 2 small areas on the edge of the coral that you can tell are slightly damaged/retracted...

If you can remove those weird hands, it might feel a lot more comfortable.

Those look like Right Hand Nudibraches! They will poke a coral to death I would remove them immediately. They could spawn a Left Hand Nudi and start choking every thing out. ;) I have faith they week recover fine, they don't look too bad.

Ok so I was able to evict those Right Hand Nudibranches... Took a while but they're gone.

Brown jelly disease... Is that something that will manifest quickly or show small signs at first? Didn't know if I would wake up one morning and need to remove the coral because it's toast after seeing it look ok the night prior..??

BJD will come on pretty quickly and kill about a head or inch of wall a day. Sometimes a Lugols dip can arrest it, but you will have to be careful about removing the infected coral...the brown jelly will easily blow all over the tank and possibly infect other lps.

BJD will come on pretty quickly and kill about a head or inch of wall a day. Sometimes a Lugols dip can arrest it, but you will have to be careful about removing the infected coral...the brown jelly will easily blow all over the tank and possibly infect other lps.

Brown jelly is a nasty one. If you see it I would remove the uninfected part from it quickly. By the looks of the photo you may be fine though, just keep an eye on it.

Yea I think it will be ok, just have never dealt with it before so just trying to educate myself a bit. The coral looks almost 95% back to itself...

Yea I think it will be ok, just have never dealt with it before so just trying to educate myself a bit. The coral looks almost 95% back to itself...

Cool. I lost my first and second torch to it, but was very uneducated on everything.

Snagged a 7.5 gallon 12x12x12 deep blue cube for $20 from a friend... Works spectacularly for my ATO reservoir.. Barely fit in. Much better than the 3.3 gallon trash can i was using lol..

Poochies say hi!

That sump looks too pretty to be a top off reservoir!

Ugh here's some ugliness for ya lol...
It took me a while to track down something with the dimensions to fit a bigger container for my top off under my secondary cabinet. I wasn't happy with a small container.

Ugly? That looks much cleaner than what I have going...Good job.

Just in comparison to the clean, brandy new deep blue cube lol. I was half tempted to set it up with my little wave point LED light, as a nano, but I'm sure wifey would have squashed that real quick...

Good deal on that tank! That is an extraordinary reservoir! Setup looks good. Match the handle with the one on the tank and voila, matching set! ;)

Good deal on that tank! That is an extraordinary reservoir! Setup looks good. Match the handle with the one on the tank and voila, matching set! ;)

Indeed! I believe I have some handles leftover from fixing up my condo. Great call Paul...

Got some new goodies today... And also giving some SPS a shot. Need ID on the bigger one please. He told me but I forgot...

Plate coral

Small Birds nest

ID?

Another elegance (waiting to open)

FTS!

Saw this beast on the way. Someone was able to get it back on its way off the road thankfully.. Dinosaur!

Back
Top Bottom