Recent Events of my Tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've done a few things with my tanks, because I've felt a need to revise a few stocking issues as well as change up a few tanks.

1) remake of the 10 gallon. I found a GORGEOUS Betta at my LFS. It was so pretty i had to bring it home right then. I had it in an ice cream bucket with an air pump for a couple days. I was originally planning to keep him alone in a 2.5, but saw a sale at Petco for some Black Neons. I have a really nice Petco by me that actually takes good care of things, and i feel pretty confident in their livestock. Ive never had a disease from them before, even in fragile fish. So i now have a 10 gallon with 1x Male Betta, 1x Golden Bristlenose Pleco, and 12x Black Neon (i meant to buy 10, but i got 12. I will only keep about 7 or so in here as they get larger.)

2) my 29 has been restocked. It now houses a single male Salvini, with a few GD as companions soon to come. This will be upgraded to a 40 when i can afford it, which should be soon as i only need the actual tank.

3) the 75 has been somewhat restocked and is remodeled. Every single fish i had in the tank before today was male; all 6 Texas, the Synspilum and the Acara. I wanted a pair of Tex so that didn't work. I took back all the Tex except the very largest and the very smallest. Then i got 2 that had the black dorsal spot,so i should have a pairing soon. I also sold back the Acara and the Synspilum.

Things i bought as of today:

2x female (hopefully) Tex.
1x Golden Bristlenose Pleco.
1x ginormous bag of fish food.

Things to come soon, hopefully:

The 2.5 gal Betta Project
Upgrade to 40 gal for Salvini
Breed the Tex
Get some Red Cherry Shrimp to breed

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Also, the LFS i go to is called World Of Fish, for anyone in Minnesota. Its located in Richfield and has a wonderful selection of fish.

Also, swung by a neighborhood garage sale and got a blacklight for the 10 gallon. It looks awesome reflecting off of the Tetras.

I can take some pictures off of my crappy ipod camera if you want in a little while.

Back
Top Bottom