Recent pics of my linknia stars.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Just taking some more pics of my seastars. Here they are. They are my favorites in the tank.

Attachments

• 100_0757_188.jpg
    100_0757_188.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0759_202.jpg
    100_0759_202.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0806_433.jpg
    100_0806_433.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_0813_267.jpg
    100_0813_267.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 52
They look great, not all over each other this time I see :D

Thanks. No on opposite sides this time Micah. The orange one looks like he`s trying to hold on.

nice pics
Not many people other then Mods check out or post on this area?
Why? Is the pic area too deep in the forum for people to find? I know I was not going to post here at first.. then figured I should being a Xmod. Actually until I saw a Mod move a thread here I was posting in the SW section.
Any way to bump up interest in this area?
Sorry for the high jack.
Love the stars... been thinking of getting another after mine died. :(

Reason we have to move it it two pronged. One is to keep the site tidy and the other is because it`s a place that the freshies and salties can get together and see each others progress. There are alot of FW people that will not go the the SW forums and vice versa the other way. This is a place where we can all meet. What do you mean Xmod. I see mod beside your name. I cant believe I`m hijacking my own thread. LOL. Have a great day.

Beautiful stars as usual Mike. Do you think a Linkia and a serpent star can live together in my 45 and still have enough food to graze on? I already have a serpent star. A linkia would be really cool. How large do they grow?

I'm not hijacking am I?

They can get up to a foot, in the wild (as well as the serpent), they should get along.

I dont care if you were Lindsay. The purpose is to get people to ask questions. You and Seaham are OK with your questions. I`ve had my blue licknia star for couple years and he is about 6 inches across. The key is that there is enough food in there for both. If not then you`ll need to hand feed. My 125 apparently has enough food in the tank. They just travel around and search for microbes to eat. I was going to get a maroon one but thought better of it because I did not think I could feed all three. Thanks for the kind words.

Just curious....how often are they out?
My wife bought me a blue for Fathers Day. I didn't see it till about 2 weeks ago, and it was in the AM before lights came on. I have yet to see it when the MH's are on, so I'm wondering if they are somewhat light sensitive. I did notice it is now way fatter and bigger than it was when she bought it for me so thats a good thing. Just sucks I never get to see it.

The blue one stays out all the time. I have a purple one that I saw yesterday for the first time in a month. I was beginning to think he was gone. I dont think they are light sensitive. I guess it depends on the Star.

Back
Top Bottom